Turkey Game Development Championship Begins!
Applications for the Turkey Game Development Championship, the first competition to be held in Turkey in the field of mobile game development, will be completed this weekend. The championship aims to contribute to the development of games played by the world, which is the biggest dream of game developers, by transforming game development skills into a professional structure with its unique competition format.
The countdown has begun for the Turkey Game Development Championship, which will bring together game developers (software, graphic designers, game designers) from all over Turkey and will continue until the investment process for the winners.
The championship consists of two main stages:
- Online and face-to-face “competitions” in individual format,
- The “acceleration” process in which training and mentoring services will be provided for successful participants
The championship steps, where applications were received between April 20 and May 20, are as follows:
- The first stage will start with an online special "game jam" format on May 27-29.
- Successful participants will demonstrate their skills in the regional semi-finals to be held in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Gaziantep, Samsun and Elazig provinces within 48 hours.
- The finalists from each region will compete in the Turkish final on 24-25 July.
- At the end of this marathon, the winners will pass on to the second stage.
During the “acceleration” stage, participants will be provided with training and mentoring supports for about 3 months, making them ready to meet with the industry's leading publishers and investors on the demo day in November.
The Game Development Championship of Turkey, which is open to all participants, individually and as a team, aims to realize the biggest dream of game developers by realizing the process of transforming the game idea into investment.
Opportunities Waiting for the Winners
- Training and mentoring support
- Business and/or team building opportunity for individual participants
- Opportunity for incorporation for teams
- Fundraising and investment support for companies
- Release of developed games
- Training packages from Google Developers
YTU Yıldız Technopark, YTU GamesUp, Hacettepe University Faculty of Fine Arts, Bilkent Cyberpark, Izmir University of Economics, Hasan Kalyoncu University, Gaziantep OSB Teknokent, Bahçeşehir University Bug Lab, Teknopark Samsun and Fırat Teknokent are in the organizing committee in the championship organized by The Game Circle. Supported by Google Developers and METU Gates, the championship is the first competition to be held in Turkey in the field of mobile game development.
For detailed information about the championship and to apply, you can visit https://www.thegamecircle.com/.
Last day is 20 May 2022!
For detailed information, you can download turkiye-oyun-gelistirme-sampiyonasi.pdf .